The inaugural Grinders Cup begins on March 5th, 2018 at the Mirage Poker room. This two day event will feature some of the best Las Vegas low limit cash game grinders competing for a prize pool could be $8,000. The Ginders Cup is a no rake, cash game competition, which means all table winnings are actual winnings. In addition, the top winners will take a portion of the prize pool home with them.
Each day of the competition features two heats of three hours each at 12pm and 4pm. Tables and seats will be randomly selected for each player prior to the heat. To be eligible for prizes, a player must participate in eight heats of the competition.
Prizes for the competition are awarded in three ways: most cash won, most consistent, lowest risk. In order to win any prize, participants must play in all heats. Three spots will be paid for most cash won. The Lowest Risk Prize (Nit Prize) goes to the player who buys in for the fewest dollars over the entire competition.
Prizes are awarded as follows:
- 1st Place - 43.75% of total prize pool ($3500*)
- 2nd Place - 26.25% of total prize pool ($2100*)
- 3rd Place - 17.5% of total prize pool ($1400*)
- Lowest Risk Prize - 12.5% of total prize pool ($1000*)
* Payout dollar amount assumes a full competition of 40 players